What is Hearts & Hammers?
Our mission is to use our time and talent to meet the needs of those around us in order to create an opportunity to share the love of Jesus. We will perform household repairs for those who cannot afford them free of charge. Those who can afford to buy materials only, we will provide labor at no charge.
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ lay down his life for us and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.—1 John 3:16-18
What services are provided?
We can perform these household repair and maintenance tasks:
Heating & Air Conditioning
How do I request service from Hearts & Hammers?
Do one of the following:
- Download the Service Request Form and the Release Form, complete them, and return them to the church office.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the church at:
North Raleigh United Methodist Church
Hearts & Hammers @ nrumc
8501 Honeycutt Road
Raleigh, NC 27615
What is the process after I request service?
- We evaluate the request, including a home visit to review the work
- We share share our evaluation with the person submitting the request. We might not be able to handle all requests – for example, some might be too complexity or not match our ministry’s mission.
- We assign a work crew.
- We schedule the work
- We purchase supplies
- We perform the work.
How can I help?
If you would like to volunteer, download the volunteer form, sign it, and return it to the church office:
NRUMC Hearts & Hammers Ministry 8501 Honeycutt Road Raleigh, NC 27615
You can also e-mail us at email@example.com.
You can donate any of these items:
- Financial support (Make check out to NRUMC with a memo of ‘Hearts & Hammers’ and forward it to church office)
- Storage space for supplies, tools and equipment (off church campus)
- Tools and equipment
- Utility trailer (either box or open)