All God’s Children
All God’s Children is NRUMC’s ministry to our special needs children within the church. These kids can be paired up with a Buddy that supports them in various activities, such as attending Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, SHINE, and music programs so that these children to feel included in all aspects of church life.
Super Saturdays are also part of this ministry. Super Saturday is a 3-hour respite care program that occurs every third Saturday (September to May) from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. giving a much needed break to families that are often overwhelmed with the constant demands of caring for their child(ren).
Click one of the buttons below to register!
|Super Saturday |
|Super Saturday |
Do you want to be a Buddy?
Our Buddy System supports children with special needs in the Sunday School classroom, VBS, Shine, and music programs so that all children feel included in the life of the church here at NRUMC!
- Buddies work with children age 3-grade 5.
- Buddies are adults or students age 14 and older who:
- Help a student adjust to the routine of a class
- Provide one-on-one help for fine motor tasks such as cutting
- Encourage acceptance of the student by setting an example
- Pray for the student
- Help the teacher/leader supervise and monitor the classroom
- Assist so the child can interact with both students and teacher in an independent manner
Buddies are needed to provide a loving heart and open arms in a one-on-one relationship with a VIP. No experience is needed but Buddies must be at least 14 years old and are required to attend a 2 hour training session. To sign up as a Buddy, email Ruth Andrews!
If you need a buddy for church programs, contact:
All God’s Children Super Saturday
Third Saturday from September to May, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Super Saturday is an exciting Ministry that provides a FREE 3-hour respite for families of children with special needs (VIP) and their siblings. This monthly program provides a much needed break for families that are often overwhelmed with the constant demands of caring for their child(ren).
The Super Saturday Respite Care contact is:
Ruth Andrews – 919.878.5682 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Many other different types of volunteers are needed to support this program. No matter what your time and talents allow there is a place for everyone. Some specific needs are:
- Nurses or other medical personnel to be available at sessions to oversee any medical needs.
- Tech person to maintain database/administrative support with forms and marketing
- Volunteers to set up and clean up.
- Individuals or families to adopt the families of the VIPs and provide gifts at Christmas and birthdays, provide prepackaged meals or meet other needs.
- Volunteers to be floaters and available to assist a Buddy.
- Volunteers (under 14 years) to work with a Buddy or siblings of VIPs.
- Volunteers to plan and set up a craft area.
- Volunteers to come and play an instrument, sing, dance, provide a puppet show or other entertainment.
- Volunteers to do orientation for parents starting the program.
- Prayer warriors to support the ministry in prayer.
“This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast..”